Monday, January 3, 2011

Kicking off the 1st Monday of 2011!

Can't even believe 2010 has already come and gone!
Quite possibly the fastest year ever, but I'd also like to think the best. Now I have a new mission: to make 2011 even better than the last! I gave myself a couple days to regroup after NYE, but starting this morning (bright & early @7:00am) was my Rise&Grind schedule.



This morning I started my day with:
-1 cup of Multigrain Cheerios with sliced Green Grapes, Banana, and Skim
-Glass of Diet Green Tea with Lemon
                                                              

Don't forget about vitamins! I've had great luck with Centrum Chewables.
During the winter months when my immune system is lower, I also take Spring Valley's Brand of Vitamin C and Super B-Complex.

I'm going to do some work at home until this afternoon when I'll get my workout in. Usually I love nothing more than to wake up early and get my gym session out of the way for the day, but part of my 2011 resolution is maintaining balance and trying to be more flexible (physically as well!).


Today's workout will include:
50 minutes of Cardio broken up into five segments
-10 min on Treadmill 6.5- 8.0 level on a 0% incline
-10 min on Ellyptical (5 min forward then 5 min backward) with maintaining level 4
-10 min on Stationary Bike on level 4
-10 min on StairMaster (5 min on level 10 then 5 min on level 12)
-10 min on Treadmill with 13.5% incline at level 4.5 then moving up to 15% incline last 2 minutes

200 Crunches at an incline (alternating side to side)
200 Standing Leg Lifts (100 each leg)

Strength Training
Seated Leg Press: 55 lbs- 6 sets of 25 reps
Leg Extension: 15 lbs 4 sets of 20
Leg Curl: 15 lbs 4 sets of 20

Toning Ball:
Side bends- 4 sets of 100 reps (2 on each side)

Hope everyone has a great morning!
Remember to have a positive attitude & it'll project throughout your day :)
I'll try to post more later!

-Brooke L

No comments:

Post a Comment